Would you pressure wash a keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leukass

Reaction score
Trying to clean up some old scummy kegs- got to thinking, maybe I can pressure wash the outside of them. What do you guys think? Is there a reason not to do this?

Thanks

I don't see why not. Kegs are stainless and unless your pressure washer is up high enough to water cut the shell you should be fine.

I'd soak with PBW (or the DIY version made with Oxyclean and TSP) overnight before getting after it with a pressure washer. If it's gunky up inside the keg, you'll have a tough time reaching certain spots with the pressure washer wand.

Yeah thanks- the PBW took care of the inside. more looking to get the outside with the Pressure washer- make them look more respectable

Am I the only guy who doesn't care what his kegs look like on the outside?

To the OP - you should be able to pressure wash them, set the pressure to the same level you would wash your car at to avoid denting mid-body/cylinder.

Yeah thanks- the PBW took care of the inside. more looking to get the outside with the Pressure washer- make them look more respectable

Oh, I thought you were talking about the inside. That's where I focus most of the attention. I keep mine clean on the outside, but they spend most of the time inside the keezer or lagering chamber anyway.

For the outside, I don't know of any reason that you couldn't or shouldn't pressure wash.

Back