Worst way to tell I'm about to get sick...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennie1986

Reaction score
Doesn't happen every time but a few times a year I'll get a cold that messes up my taste for ipa's. Nothing like cracking your favorite ipa and having it taste like **** and realizing its cause your going get sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

That blows, man. I remember that happened to me on Super Bowl Sunday. Sat down to watch the game, popped a beer, and it was like drinking water. Nothing. Sucks.

I haven't noticed that, but my indicator is my singing voice. I like to sing in the car or sometimes at home when I'm alone and once in a while I have a day where I feel I am just NAILING it! Hitting pitches, great tone, etc.

And then I realize I am getting a cold.

Every time.

I will start being on the lookout for off-tasting beer flavors from now on. I know beer usually tastes bad when I'm sick, so well see if I can tell before I actually get other symptoms.

< Frequent beer and spirits judge here, I can relate. The only thing worse is burning my tongue, which makes carbonated beer both tasteless and painful.

Back