Wood brew stand base

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orion7144

Reaction score
I have a King Kooker two tier burner rack and want to build a base out of wood for it so i can mount my pumps and pate chiller. Question is how to protect the wood and pumps from boil overs?

thanks

I have a wood stand. I had to make a modification after the first test - it was catching fire! For protection of the wood I painted it with 1 coat of primer and 2 coats of High Gloss white paint. It will be getting another 2 coats for this season. I don't have any suggestions for the pumps other than to install them somewhere boil-overs cannot drench them.

I have a wood stand. I had to make a modification after the first test - it was catching fire! For protection of the wood I painted it with 1 coat of primer and 2 coats of High Gloss white paint. It will be getting another 2 coats for this season. I don't have any suggestions for the pumps other than to install them somewhere boil-overs cannot drench them.

I was thinking maybe a removable shelf for the pumps since they are not used during the boil except when recirculating to sanitize right at the end and boil overs are less likely to happen.

Back