WLP067 Coastal Haze - experiences and fermentation time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewpharm Hill

Reaction score
First time giving this yeast a go. Pitched last saturday at 60F and free rose to 66 them bumped 2 degrees per day until at 71 ... this thing is still bubbling! Bubbling quite slowly, but still noticeable activity.

Has anyone else experienced longer fermentation times with this yeast? I'm guessing its the sacch trois strain doing it.

Funny, I came here to search out WLP066 London Fog Ale yeast and pretty much the same question. I like your temp bumps better than what I did. I pitched around 66° then held it there for almost 8 days before bumping up to 70°. It's day 11 and there's no activity from the blow off tube (using a cold crash guardian for the crash that's coming). Been no activity since Friday, so I pulled a sample and it's weighing in at 1.023, well above the expected FG of 1.008. I kicked up the temp to 72 and I've got activity now, wondering if I should have had a bigger initial starter (OG came in higher than expected at 1.084).

Anyway, sorry to hijack your post, good luck and hope smarter people than me chime in here.

Gravity sample was 1.019 yesterday evening. OG was 1.069 and pitched a 1 L starter ...mashed at 156. I'm assuming the high mash temp is what is causing the slow fermentation as the diastaticus is still munching at the longer chains. But damn i pitched the yeast 11 days ago.

Anyone else has experiences similar with wlp067 ?

Back