WLP060- yay or nay?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metanoia

Reaction score
I tried searching around the sub and on Google for some info, but it seems like it's difficult to get much info about this strain.

Have any of you had any experience with this blend? I've been dead-set for a couple months now on making WLP001 my house strain for American ales, but I saw WLP060 referenced in a thread today and I've been thinking about switching my yeast choice. It's basically Cali Ale mixed with both Anchor Ale and Lager strains, and most people say it gives a lot of lager qualities without the low temps.

I did the same thing earlier this week, being set on bringing in WLP013 as my English strain, but switched to WLP005 the day of visiting the LHBS due to recommendations.

TIA.

I have used it a couple times for a blonde and I liked how it turned out. If you are looking for a house strain that you are going to reuse I would imagine that one of the strains would become dominant.

I used it for a pale ale with underwhelming results. In the future, I will just use WLP001 for this style.

Back