Wiring issue in control box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eryk4381

Reaction score
I'm building a custom Brutus 20 and I'm trying to make sure I am getting the right voltage as I install all the pieces into the control box. I have a Honeywell 24v transformer for the two Honeywell gas valves but when I hooked it up to 110v I'm not getting any reading with a volt meter on the secondary side (no 24v reading) . What am I doing wrong here?

Pretty basic stuff here.
Is the primary side hot?
If not you have to solve that first.
If so, with the secondary unloaded is there 20-something volts or not?
If not, the transformer must be defective...

Cheers!

I have a multimeter that's reads AC/DC. I'm getting nothing out the other side thougj. Not even with a circuit alert tool.

That's about as generic a transformer as can be obtained - doesn't even have a center-tapped secondary.
Again, if the primary is hot, and the unloaded secondary is cold, that's a dead transformer...

Cheers!

That's about as generic a transformer as can be obtained - doesn't even have a center-tapped secondary.
Again, if the primary is hot, and the unloaded secondary is cold, that's a dead transformer...

Cheers!

Yeah I returned it. Does anyone have good suggested transformers they used?
Also, would you need two of them to run two gas valves?

Back