Wireless Bridge Recommendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remilard

Reaction score
I know there have been threads on this but the google search isn't working well. I need a wireless bridge to use outside my house to network a temp control device (but not for brewing, for BBQ). I know several people here do something similar with a brew stand.

The location will be about 40-50 ft from my main wireless router and the line of sight goes through an interior wall and an exterior wall (maybe through a window instead of one of those walls depending on exact location).

So, should I be successful at that distance? Anyone want to recommend a particular model? I'll be putting it in a box to protect from the elements so smallish size would be a plus.

WiFi should reach that far, assuming you use good antennas. If you are lacking in signal strength, you might want to try a directional antenna. You can buy them, or make them out of a Pringles can.

Buffalo makes a good "wireless ethernet converter"....It is dual band and has 3 jacks. I use it for my home theater (PS3/DISH/TV). Anything by netgear or linksys is good.

Back