Winware Aluminum Stock pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renegade

Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing a Winare Aluminum stock pot 40 qt size from Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CHKL68/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

Has anyone here used one of these on a glass top electric stove. Living in the Northeast, it is hard to brew outside on my propane burner all year round, and I need something with a perfectly flat bottom that will fit on my stove top.

I looked at the Megapots from Northern Brewer, but they are too wide for my stove elements.

Note - I will be adding a weldless valve and dip tube to this setup for draining into carboys

thanks in advance for helpful replies!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one if you need any measurements, but I don't have a glass cooktop. It does have a flat bottom, but I think you might be better off with one of those 9 gal narrow but tall turkey fryer pots if your using it on a glass stove.

My pot is a 14" base and it is VERY difficult to boil on glass stove top...so I converted it to an e-BK. The boiloff rate is higher, too, FYI.

My pot is a 14" base and it is VERY difficult to boil on glass stove top...so I converted it to an e-BK. The boiloff rate is higher, too, FYI.

Is that for full boil, or even doing extract volumes ~ 3-4 gallons.

I've been doing 3-4 with a small stainless pot for a couple of years on my glasstop, but my pot has a ridge on the base, which is less than ideal.

Is that for full boil, or even doing extract volumes ~ 3-4 gallons.

I've been doing 3-4 with a small stainless pot for a couple of years on my glasstop, but my pot has a ridge on the base, which is less than ideal.

Yes, full boil. I assumed since you were buying a 10g. pot that you would be doing full boil. My boil I tested with was 6.5g and it took almost an hour to boil from sparge temps.

Yes, full boil. I assumed since you were buying a 10g. pot that you would be doing full boil. My boil I tested with was 6.5g and it took almost an hour to boil from sparge temps.

I know I will want to full boil in the future, so I wanted to buy a kettle big enough for when the time comes, plus I can always full boil with propane outside during the warmer months.

I have one if you need any measurements, but I don't have a glass cooktop. It does have a flat bottom, but I think you might be better off with one of those 9 gal narrow but tall turkey fryer pots if your using it on a glass stove.

My main concern is the flatness of the bottom,
does it wobble at all when set on a flat surface, or site nice and solid?
if you take a straight edge and lay it across the base, is it domed in either direction?

Mine is 15 gal. It sits on my glass stove-top across 2 burners without any hint of a wobble. The heavy 3-ply base conducts the heat quite effectively (for fairly even heat transfer).

ok, pulled the trigger on the stock pot this morning, ended up buying the AXS-40, very similar, supposedly of higher quality than the alst-40. I will report my findings when it arrives.

I finally got a chance to brew this past weekend using the new pot.
After it arrived I ordered and installed a weldless stainless valve kit with a side pickup from Bargainfittings.com

I love the new brew pot and did two extract batches in it on sunday, love the valve kit also, no more dumping beer into carboys for me!

I may purchase a thermometer for it to add on, haven't decided yet

Latest posts

Back