Winter's break

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knightnorth

Reaction score
After a 5 month break due to cold weather I just brewed a good batch of beer yesterday. My friends had thought I quit, my wife was upset thinking I'd wasted all that money, even I was giving doubts that I might brew again. But old man winter has scheduled a few day off here at the end of January so I was determined to force myself back outside and brew. And so I have and the great joy has returned like it never left. Yesterday I brewed my highest efficient AG at 80% like I never missed a step. Today I'm making my first ever lager so I can get some use out of the extra refrigerator I bought. I'll be doing another ale, wine, and even soda later today and tomorrow before winter comes back with snow on Friday. The moral of this story is: I need to spend more money and get a building to brew in so I'm not wasting all these supplies over the winter. How do I tell that one to the wife?

There you go! Do you have a garage to brew in?

I'll take winter brewing over summer every year. Fall is my favorite. And spring is just too busy with fishing and kids. But I still brew at least once a month.

Back