Wine Bombs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmurm

Reaction score
I have a few white wines that i re-sweetened, and only a few here and there are refinementing. They all have gone through an absolute filter and have appropriate levels of so2. I did not want to use sorbate, and was told that filtering down to .45 micron would keep them stable. Could yeast get through and into the the filtered wine? Or am i getting this from the wine bottles not being properly washed? Its only a few bottles hear and there.

I don't know aboutyour situation but I had a cork go flying and pineapple wine all over the kitchen floor tonight...I bottled it cold and as it warmed up it popped the cork out. The rest are ok It seems but these corks SUCK and are NOT Tight at all.

Well, corks ain't designed to hold ANY pressure (unless it's a champagne cork). Ain't the cork's fault, you've clearly got a wine that's still fermenting.

Well, corks ain't designed to hold ANY pressure (unless it's a champagne cork). Ain't the cork's fault, you've clearly got a wine that's still fermenting.

If you are talking to me, you are mistaken.. this wine has been done for a LONG time and has been stabilized. The wine was cold crashed to help clear it and was bottled cold. As it warmed up it obviously expanded and this particular cork I could move in and out with my fingers, so we decided to just leave it out and drink it young... when we layed it on is side the pressure from warming up pushed the cork right out.

That happen to me once. My wine cellar was at 50 deg. and brought red wine up and put it in a rack in kitchen and in middle of night the cork flew out. It looked like a Stephen King movie.

almost all my wines bubble and carb some... I've never had a regular bottle explode on me. I did have a cork shoot out and launch a bottle across my kitchen once at 2am...

37361_715821022074_30305606_38640109_2454026_n.jpg

and once I used a Disaronno bottle which was obviously not designed for a cork or any pressure. hardly lasted 20 min on the counter.

0809102045a.jpg

But in all seriousness... someone could get hurt.

Back