Will this work, or was it waste of a starter? (And beer)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uphillbrewer

Reaction score
So I was able to get two cans of heady topper this weekend. I wanted to culture some Conan for later brews. drank most, but then dumped the remainder into a 1 liter starter and stuck it on a stir plate. Will it work?

What was the gravity of the starter? If low you should be fine, i would say 1.025 to 30, even at 1.040 i think it would work.
But what do i know?

from mu understanding lower gravity starter means healthier yeast and less amount of cells being created while high gravity starter means more reproduction at he risk of having stressed unhealthy yeast. someone confirm as i could be wrong

from mu understanding lower gravity starter means healthier yeast and less amount of cells being created while high gravity starter means more reproduction at he risk of having stressed unhealthy yeast. someone confirm as i could be wrong

As i understand it you are correct, cold crash this first step then decant into a stronger starter (and larger if you can), crash and decant and pitch.

Latest posts

Back