will this solenoid work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dukeman9988

Reaction score
I'm looking to build something similar to a brutus and have started piecing things together. However I have very little knowledge when it come to putting things together for the automation. That'swhereyou guys come in... Will this work assuming I wire everything together ? If it will work any suggestionson a cheap controller and such.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2-Brass-Solenoid-Valve-NPT-Gas-Water-110-120-VAC-/110696553812? pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c607 5d54

According to the description it should. How are you going to hook it up so that it closes if your flame goes out? What are you going to use for an igniter?

OneHoppyGuy said:
According to the description it should. How are you going to hook it up so that it closes if your flame goes out? What are you going to use for an igniter?

I was planning on running a piliot similar to lonnie's and just monitor it incase the flames go out

Back