Who's your supplier?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noladom

Reaction score
Obviously supporting your local home brew store is first choice but as far as online sites who do you use? I've shopped with Monster Brew a few times but a customer at my job recommended Midwest today. Any good (or bad) experiences with these or other sites?

I shop at Northern Brewer for their great customer service. Williams Brewing has pissed me off once.

I've bought from Midwest supplies a couple times when I was nearby but shipping is expensive. My last order was from Ritebrew (www.ritebrew.com) and I felt like the shipping was more reasonable and the prices were good, especially if I ordered more at a time. My order was shipped out the day I ordered.

The only online shop I've used outside of amazon is Northern Brewer. They're fast and so far reliable.

Lately it has been Austin Homebrew Supply and Farmhouse Brewing supply. I have used a lot of sites. Midwest has not been one I have tried. They have never had the best price/shipping. I have also heard that recently they have been having problems.

When I am looking for something, I will select a few sites and add the items to the cart, add shipping then select the one that has the best price.

Farmhouse Brewing
Austin Homebrew Supply
Hops Direct
Yakima Valley Hops
Beer Crazy

When I am looking for something, I will select a few sites and add the items to the cart, add shipping then select the one that has the best price.

about what I do it is amazing how much shipping can vary from site to site

I have bought from Farmhouse, Northern Brewer, Adventure in Homebrewing

I was going to buy from More Beer the last time as they have a warehouse in PA but if you buy bulk grain they charge you the shipping as if it can from Cali

so I took a pass

S_M

On the rare occasion that my LHBS ( 10 min away) doesn't have something I want/need & I don't want to wait I shop w/ Beverage Elements, Bargain Fittings, Arbor Fabricating.

I "spread it around", quite a bit.

I just bought from morebeer.com on Friday (free shipping over $59 except for a wine kit I also bought), but I will shop often at northernbrewer.com, austinhomebrew.com and brewmasterswarehouse.com as well.

I think I've purchased more this year from northernbrewer, but I haven't counted up all the $$$$ I spent in total. Except, that it's a lot. :drunk: We don't have a LHBS around, so I order just about everything online. There is a little store that will order bulk grain for me about 45 miles away, but they don't order anything except Briess and Munton's and their prices aren't great. So I shop online almost always.

Yooper said:
I "spread it around", quite a bit.

If I order from someone other than my standard supplier I feel like I'm cheating on them. I think I have an overdeveloped sense of Home Brew Shop loyalty. :)

I've used almost all of the suppliers mentioned in previous posts with no problems at all, but here a few more I recommend:

Adventures In Home Brewing (homebrewing.org)
Labelpeelers.com
Birdmanbrewing.com (primarily kegging/dispensing equipment)
Kegconnection.com (kegging/dispensing)

Also, Homebrewfinds.com is a great resource to check for bargain hunting.

if I need little amounts of something I tend to go with Brew masters warehouse, I can buy wheat, pale malt, and 2 row locally - at either Homebrew4less or In and Out Beverage and Homebrew supply in Chambersburg PA, the prices are good - about 35-40 dollars a bag and I don't have to pay for shipping.

all my hops come from wherever has them cheapest online

I've been using Morebeer lately since they have a distribution center 20 miles from where we live.

About half of what I buy is from my LHBS, but I've also ordered larger quantities from MoreBeer (free shipping over $59 is really hard to beat price-wise. Service has been great.

Austin, northern brewer and Kegconnection. Morebeer has been good on a few things. The local LHBS places have everything you need if all you need is 2 row and cascade, at a price higher than anywhere else, plus tax.

I go to windriver brewing company. Very close to home and very good prices.

Rebel Brewer. Great online and great local small company.
I've bought from them for a while now.
Great group of guys.

I've done mostly northern brewer, but just started using ritebrew and have been really happy with them.

I use the malt miller and Worcester hop shop. Next day delivery if you order before 2pm. May be a little far for you though as they are in England.

I support my local guy, Homestead supply, I've purchased less than $200 from online suppliers except for my kegging stuff my wife purchased that at Beverage Factory. I get great service and he is a great guy and I want him to stay less than a mile away from my house, the other closest one is like 30 mins away and is more expensive by a lot. To me it's not always price point I'll spend a little more for excellent customer service.

I really like Morebeer. Great customer service and I usually get my order in two days with standard shipping even though I'm in Alabama.

Back