Who's recipes are your favorite?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who makes your favorite recipes

• Biermuncher

• Yooper

• Edwort

• Jamil

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wakadaka

Reaction score
So it seems a lot of the same recipes get tossed around a lot here, and they always seem to be from the same few people. I have my first recipe from this site fermenting right now, and another from the same person, but my next several are all going to be from this site.

So for the sake of friendly discussion, whose recipes are your favorites. Not saying that it makes them a better brewer or member of the forum or anything like that, just which of the common HBT recipes have you liked the best.

Biermuncher's: Centennial Blonde, Cream of 3 crops
Yooper's: 60 min DFH clone
Edwort's: Haus Pale Ale, Apfelwein

I know there are other very common ones, but those are the ones that I happen to see the most. Let me know if there are others

I also added Jamil to the poll, because I see his Brewing Classic Styles around a lot as well.

Yep, those are the ones people worship here. I prefer to brew my own recipes. I've only posted a few on here, but I have a LOT in BeerSmith. It's more enjoyable to me to make my own creations.

All of those are good, but Tasty McDole takes the cake. He just brews the exact same beers that I love.
Janet's Brown is hands down the best beer I have ever made/drank.

As for HBT'ers

Yooper - 60min clone, amazing
EdWort- Robust Porter
BM's Centennial Blonde

I voted for Jamil! I guess I forgot about Tasty. :drunk:

But I have Brewing Classic Styles and really love the way he strives to exemplify a style and break it down into simple ingredients that are harmonious.

I also like every one of Denny's recipes (http://iam.homebrewtalk.com/Denny) that I've ever tried even though it's other people that post his recipes here on this forum. I've used one of his from Northern Brewer (the Waldo Lake one) and several others and think his recipes are excellent.

Had to go with Jamil, just from a quantity stand point. Have done many of the recipes from the other HBT members and loved them. But Jamil's "Brewing Classic Styles" should be on every home brewer's shelf.

I absolutely love Yoopers 60 min DFH clone because it's such a simple ingredient bill and is so close to the original. Best recipe I've ever found. Edworts robust porter is amazing as well. Now that I think about it, the HBT database is as good as Jamil's book, you just have to be able to recognize the less than great recipes that dot the database.

Voted for Biermuncher. Love his OctoberFast and Your WitNess and currently have Centennial Blonde, Ode to Arthur, and Outer Limits IPA on Tap. Cream of Three Crops is kegged and ready to go too.

I've had a lot of great success using the sticky int he recipe forum, HBT's previous competition winners. I voted other.

Back