Who needs an expensive brewstand?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freisste

Reaction score
Ok, my last brew session I did my first AG and used my new pot for the first time. I didn't exactly plan the whole thing out because I was too busy fabricating my new counterflow chiller. When it came time to actually use the chiller, I realized the entire thing needed to be lifted up for gravity to work. I grabbed the only thing I could find that was handy and looked to be about the right size:

image-1147048880.jpg

I don't expect it to be a long-term solution because it isn't quite tall enough, but it served its purpose well that day. :)

I love the ingenuity of home brewers, my favorite part of our hobby. Glad to see your new chiller worked, happy Brewing!!

k_mcarthur said:
I love the ingenuity of home brewers, my favorite part of our hobby. Glad to see your new chiller worked, happy Brewing!!

Much better than I expected, in fact. From 200+ to 71-72f by the time it got to the bucket. And that was from water tower cooling water. If I was at my parents house (they have a well), it might cool too well! Now I'm kicking around the idea of a pump to save water.

And the true ingenuity belongs to the guy who made plans for the CFC (which I shamelessly copied). I just grabbed a toilet because it was close. :)

Much better than I expected, in fact. From 200+ to 71-72f by the time it got to the bucket. And that was from water tower cooling water. If I was at my parents house (they have a well), it might cool too well! Now I'm kicking around the idea of a pump to save water.

And the true ingenuity belongs to the guy who made plans for the CFC (which I shamelessly copied). I just grabbed a toilet because it was close. :)

No shame in that. I have the same chiller, different color and fittings, but yours is just that; yours. Now the toilet is by the seat of your pants ingenuity, and kudos for that. Just spray it with star san first please.

k_mcarthur said:
No shame in that. I have the same chiller, different color and fittings, but yours is just that; yours. Now the toilet is by the seat of your pants ingenuity, and kudos for that. Just spray it with star san first please.

Didn't come in contact with my brew, or I would have boiled it :).

Latest posts

Back