Who is brewing right now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
doing AG Franzy hefe clone and if my package arrives on time, also doing a wit today, dam hot though, time for a hb to chill out, brewing with wheat is always a challenge

sheldon

Hammy71 said:
Doing 10 gallon of x-mas brew. 1 min from flame out.

What type of Xmas brew you gonna do? I am doing one next weekend since my pumpkin ale is finishing up it's primary in my ferm chamber.

Getting everything set out to do my first mini mash today. (stovetop BIAB per deathbrewers sticky) I'm gonna brew an all centennial hop IPA, basically it's the same centennial IPA I've done before, but I'm replacing half the extract with two-row pale. I'm quite excited to take the step up to mashing.

I'm just finishing up cleaning my fermenter,& filtering my PBW & star-san. They seem to last longer that way. Not to mention,less grainy funk floating in it. Gunna start the boil for an English bitter in a little bit.

Getting everything set out to do my first mini mash today. (stovetop BIAB per deathbrewers sticky) I'm gonna brew an all centennial hop IPA, basically it's the same centennial IPA I've done before, but I'm replacing half the extract with two-row pale. I'm quite excited to take the step up to mashing.

:mug: Your gonna love it, its how i brew now doing smaller batches also makes it real easy to do on the stove.And now you can appreciate the differences in base grains can give. Ive made some pretty good all extract beers, though.Partial or all grain just gives you more options.
Im botteling a Belgian Pale Ale today, and brewing a california uncommon tomarrow.

Just started boiling a Robust Porter :)
Fuggles and E.K.Golding gone in for bittering
Some more E.K.G going in in a bit :)

I finally got the cooper's FV cleaned up after the mess my IPA made. But,I guess,mo' messy,mo' Betta! I got the BK on high (dang electric stove) with 3G of water. I usually boil off about .5G. More like steam off till it boils,lolz. I'm going to brew the cooper's English bitter kit a friend gave me. I'm all out of Kent Golding,so I'll be using an ounce of Haulertauer. I figured the smooth spice would go with the bittering on the back rather well.

45 mins into a 90 min boil on a Pliny the Elder clone using Farmhouse's Pliny pack. I can not wait to try this beer...

I just got finished mopping the kitchen. I always make a mess, but the kitchen is always the cleanest at the end of brew day.

I finally got the boil going on my Irish Stout. I got over zealous stirring my batch sparge and knocked my CPVC manifold out and disconnected the tubes in a couple places and the mash was too hot to reinstall it properly... enter my first stuck sparge :mad:

What a huge pain in the ar$e! I managed to salvage most of the wort though, albeit a little chunkier than normal.

Doing an AHS Weihenstephaner 10 gallon batch. Pitching 5 with that yeast and 5 with White Labs Hefe.

Should be stellar in about six weeks.

I'm about 30 minutes into a boil for a Texas style APA. Second all-grain batch, still using a kit. I think I'll be on a kit for another couple of brews until I become more comfortable with making my own recipes. Yesterday, I did a 5.5. gallon batch of American Wheat, half of which I'll be putting into a secondary and making a sour-cherry wheat from. We'll see how it turns out.

I'm trying to be patient while my Imperial Chocolate Cherry Stout ferments. I'm 4 days in and itching to taste it!!

I have plans to brew again in about two weeks. I have some left over grains so I was thinking of another stout or porter of some kind [maybe with pumpkin for the fall??]

Haha, I'm so impatient!! This is the first beer I have made [mind you, it's still only a partial brew] when I developed the recipe on my own! That said, haha, I hope it turns out well!

Well,I finally pitched on my English bitter at 6:22pm. I've been cleaning fermenters,making PBW & star-san,brewing,measuring,etc all day. Damn,I needed a beer & a smoke. But it's a good kinda tired. I only got an OG of 1.030 after all that rough pouring,& stirring for 5 minutes straight. I guess English bitter is a session beer in the UK?...I'll be damn lucky to get a 3.8%ABV out of it. But it should be darn good with the 2 .5oz haulertau additions @ 20 & 10 minutes to compliment the bittering on the back I tasted already. I also went back to try something that used to be done in lieu of starters. I used the same 1.5C of warm water as in re-hydrating,but added 2 tsp of dextrose,then pitched on it. 2 hours & 15 mins later,the thick krausen was almost touching the plastic covering it. Should be a dark amber color from what I see so far.

Right now I'm brewing 5 gallons of Blonde Ale followed (hopefully) by 5 gallons of Summer Time Amber Ale. Also just made 5 gallons of Ed Wort's Apfelwein. I cannot wait to try it.

Cheers!

In the middle of a boil right now. Experimental batch. 2.5 gallons of Stout with Weihenstephaner yeast.

I couldn't get back to sleep last night,so I came downstairs at 2:30am. At 2:45am,I checked my EB as I went for my cigs. It had just started bubbling quite slowly. Now it's bubbling quite steadily. Always a welcome site after an all day brew day. Not to mention,the temps are finally going down a little. The barometric pressure is way down too,thank God.
Should make for lower average brew temps!:rockin:

:mug: Your gonna love it, its how i brew now doing smaller batches also makes it real easy to do on the stove.And now you can appreciate the differences in base grains can give. Ive made some pretty good all extract beers, though.Partial or all grain just gives you more options.
Im botteling a Belgian Pale Ale today, and brewing a california uncommon tomarrow.

:rockin: I think this is how I'm gonna brew from now on!!! Even tho it was my longest brew day yet, it was the most enjoyable by far. Felt like a kid on Xmas morning when I woke up to an inch of krausen this morning. And after mashing 6#, I realized I can easily handle ten or so in a bag in my kettle. Hello AG batches!!! :rockin:

Back to back brew days. I'm heating my mash water right now for a Belgian Dark Strong... figure I better start getting some of my big winter beers ready so they can sit awhile.

mashing an American Light Lager right now.

I know i know....its really just a 5 gallon, ferm temp controlled starter for my lager yeast so I can make a Pilsner and a Helles in three weeks...

Just finished cooling an all Centennial Pale Ale, transferring to fermenter now.
Got a large US-05 starter ready to pitch.

Yesterdays Robust Porter bubbling away nicely.

Just sat down on the couch to relax after a brew session. I put together a 5 gal. batch of Lemongrass Wheat and 2 gal. of EdWort' Apfelwein today.

Just wrapped up a brew session with an IBA...a (sort of) clone of DFH Indian Brown Ale. Anyone ever substituted EKG with Warrior? Errm....well...it has just happened. Note to self: always check inventory before brewing...that goes for hops as well! It will be a bit lighter too since I overestimated my boil-off...oh well...more beer! :)

Back