Who has two thumbs and is a Beer Genius?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nDub

Nor(Best)Cal Native
Reaction score
This guy!! thumbs pointed at self.

Ok so I'm not a beer genius and I usually smirk at people who post crazy topics while deep into drinking brew... but here I am! Tonight I feel like a know it all because I was trying to explain concept of "sweet" beer to someone who is thinking of getting into homebrew. You know getting into concepts of different malts, mash temp, attenuation etc blah blah blah and I realized that I rambled so much that my intended target got that glazed look and head nod that he wasn't absorbing anything. Oops info overload, like reading "how to brew" for the first time before actually brewing. So I got a feeling like maybe I know what I'm doing.

I don't know what I'm doing but I religiously read "current thread" so much so that I know intimate details about HERMS builds with no intention of ever doing one. Its just interesting. I get so much useful information from this site that I feel I get a better feeling for brewing by reading other peoples mistakes/question than by reading a book. I like that there are people who are more into brewing than I am. I was just reading a blog of someone who has spent actual time on whether or not its useful to wash yeast. Like scientifically. Awesome! I am sanitary engineer by trade (janitor!). No not a janitor but a water quality engineer for a large municipal utility. So yeast viability is cool and quantifiable, something I'd like to do if my lab wasn't tax/rate payer funded.

Anyway I just wanted to post that I'd only be half the brewer that I am with out this forum.

Oh and my first new thread ever.

I don't know what I'm doing but I religiously read "current thread" so much so that I know intimate details about HERMS builds with no intention of ever doing one. Its just interesting.

Haha, I know exactly what you mean. I keep looking at different systems, thinking I'll build a more complex rig one day. The best part is that you can get advice on the forum, when you actually do decide to build it.

Back