Who else has a mother in-law that does this??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheesehed007

Reaction score
She bought me this...

image-1114894548.jpg

Ever since I married her daughter. Any time we visit them, the first thing she asks is "so Bruce, you need a beer?" Love that about her..

My MIL knows how much I love beer and even when invited out for dinner, she picks a place with a great beer selection. Has never just bought me a six pack though.

My MIL made a sign for me for christmas with my brewery name on it, I thought that was really nice. I doubt she could pick out a beer I would really love though hahaha

My MIL always asks if I want a beer. If I say yes she immediately says "Good they are in the fridge over there and while you are up mix me another drink." The alcoholic old bag is an obnoxious drunk and since she is almost always drunk she is always obnoxious.

While I get along decently with my in laws I'm glad to live about 1100 miles away. MIL would never get that for me, she knows nothing about beer.

My MIL use to give my wife Playboy's for me. Ya think she wanted more grandchildren. LOL When she would buy beer for me. She'd get SN or Henry's.

My MIL will pick me up a 6 pack once and a great while. Usually hard to find beers she knows i have been looking for. She even brought home a variety dogfish head 6 pack from Rehoboth Beach while on vacation.

Here's what my MIL thinks of me.
The last time my wife and I went out for lunch with her, she pulled a newspaper clipping from her purse and handed it to my wife. She said "I think this looks like Steve(me). It was an article about a guy jacking up gas stations, with a police artist drawing of the suspect. Sure, there was a slight resemblance but, really? I mean REALLY?

bscott1011 said:
While I get along decently with my in laws I'm glad to live about 1100 miles away. MIL would never get that for me, she knows nothing about beer.

Amen. My in laws are about 900 miles from me. We all get along well and in fact my FIL and I often hit up a few brew pubs whenever we're together... but we can only take each other in moderate doses ;)

I am pretty lucky to also have some great in-laws. They are both alcoholics that have been sober for 20 years. They always have beer and cider in the fridge and Johnny Walker for me and JD for the misses in the cabinet. Awesome people. I just feel bad, my wife is stuck with my mother, sucker. I won that one.

My MIL is 200+ miles away. We get along great. I got her into making mead and my FIL just bought her a wine making kit that we made together. When ever I go there for a weekend, we will stop and pick up a variety of beers to taste that my FIL pays for. He only drinks liquor but is willing to pay to make MIL happy. She has even helped me brew beer a couple of times that she has been in town and I'm brewing.

Latest posts

Back