White spots in top of beer! Pleas help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarEagle1

Reaction score
Can anyone look at the pic and tell me if they think this batch is on?

image-4293112828.jpg

Yep, you've been infected with the dreaded co2 bubbles. Waiting another two weeks before bottling is the only way to handle them.

Really dig the yellow shag bathmat btw.

I agree with DirtyDirty.. could be yeast rafts, oils, or other by-products of fermentation... If you that concerned smell and tatse it.

brewingmeister said:
Yep, you've been infected with the dreaded co2 bubbles. Waiting another two weeks before bottling is the only way to handle them.

Really dig the yellow shag bathmat btw.

Ha ha thanks. It's the back of closet under my stairs. I don't like setting the carboy on the cement. If I need to wait how will I know when it's ready and what did I do to cause it/avoid next time.

GySgtLynn said:
I agree with DirtyDirty.. could be yeast rafts, oils, or other by-products of fermentation... If you that concerned smell and tatse it.

It's been in the carboy little less than a week. Will it go away? Should I go ahead and bottle?

Nothing to avoid. It's just yeast settling in the lowest part of the carboy. They are still working so the ring of little bubbles forms. A constant gravity reading over 2-3 days is the only way to really be sure.

Latest posts

Back