White Rajah Decline?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plankbr

Reaction score
I just picked up a 6er of this today at the local beer shop. I gotta say, either my taste buds have changed, or White Rajah is just not as good as it used to be. I believe it to be the latter. I distinctly remember about a couple of years ago there was this bright, vibrant grapefruitastic taste on the finish. It's simply not present anymore. I also had a growler around Christmas time directly from BK and it had a cardboardy finish. That may have been from a not-so-clean growler, but again, cardboard aside, great taste missing.

Does anyone else understand what I mean or are my taste buds just evolving? Any opinions highly valued.

I just found The Brew Kettle's White Rajah a week ago friday at Super Walmart. I thought it tasted better after a day or two in the fridge. Even though it was in their open cooler. But the lighting couldn't have done it much good. I went back & bought another 6'r & it tasted better. The grapefruit notes lasted a bit longer on the back,but not overpowering. I think it's pretty good in that respect. I think it's better then the Kona Fire Rock pale ale,which isn't too bad. After brewing a couple of years,I think one's tastes get aclimated to the flavors expected in the beer styles we enjoy.

Back