Where to start? How to find Partners / brewers.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Williams Group

Reaction score
Looking for the best way to find brewers in my area who have the knowledge, passion and drive to open a small brewery / tasting facility. I am the owner of a 3000+ sq ft open single story commercial building that I believe would be a great location for this. Currently developing the adjacent property into residential second story / commercial first floor. Downtown location on major roadway in a growing smaller community 1 hr west of Chicago. Would be interested in equity stake in any venture. Was a home brewer long ago but not intersted in the operations side. Suggestions of where to start? How to find brewers?

probrewer. email the admin and tell him you have a space that could be a great spot. they have a section specifically for "potential breweries" and real estate

You could also reach out to homebrew clubs in your area...https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/homebrew-clubs/find-a-homebrew-club/ Many of these clubs have members who are pro brewers now who may be interested in a new venture, or work in breweries in lower level jobs looking to advance. My club here in Mass is small, only 30ish members, but 1/3 of them work in breweries including a head brewer, a guy who is about to open his own brewery and a guy opening a meadery. So between all the clubs in Illinois I am sure you will find some talent.

Back