Where to purchase grain online?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried Northern Brewer, Adventures in Homebrewing, MoreBeer, Rebel Brewer, and Farmhouse Brewing supply. Here's my opinion

Farmhouse has the best hop selection and prices BY FAR. It is easily less than half the cost per oz as the others. Their grain selection isnt as large though. But they also have Gigayeast there so I really like ordering from them.

Northern brewer has a flat $8 shipping unless you order 50lb sacks of grain. But in my experience, their slightly higher prices negate the shipping savings. The shipping from the other sites is never too high to make much of a difference. Though I do think Rebel Brewer has a promotional flat rate shipping going on now so might want to hop on that.

I think Rebel Brewer has the best grain prices. They carry an extensive selection of Wyeast and White labs, including seasonal strains. Plus they've got a good bunch of equipment too. So I usually alternate ordering from Rebel and Farmhouse

Austin Homebrew used to let you buy fractional amounts down to the ounce. Now it's 4 ounce increments, which still can be really nice for specialty grains if you're thinking about one recipe at a time and/or don't crush your own.

Thanks fellas..... I can't do NB's shipping costs. I'm usually making grain runs from Atlanta and try to stay under 1.25 a lb. Although there are always times I have to get specialty grains shipped.

Latest posts

Back