Where can I get Wyeast shirts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MathiasMicrobrew

Reaction score
I have been searching all over the internet and haven't found a site that sells Wyeast shirts. I have seen them around but no luck finding one. Does anyone know where I cld order one?

What did they look like? I saw three when I looked, but they looked like they were custom made, they had a small logo on the front, then the yeast strains on the back

What did they look like? I saw three when I looked, but they looked like they were custom made, they had a small logo on the front, then the yeast strains on the back
That's the one I have. I've seen them for sale at a few brew shops, but I was given mine at a class I took at Deschutes.

It had the small Wyeast logo on the front upper left and I didn't get a chance to see the back. All I know is that it made me want to support the ones who make brewing possible hah

Have you tried contacting them from their website? Maybe they could point you in the right direction?

If I had a Yeast producers t-shirt, i would also fake a corporate badge, grab a clipboard and visit some bars asking for free samples as part of our quality control program!

wyeast-lab.jpg

My advice would be to try emailing Wyeast or talk to your LHBS. I know my LHBS gets swag like this all the time and if you have an in there they can hook you up.

I won a couple over the last year as prizes in homebrew contests.... got a couple in whitelabs ones too. The wyeast one is the exact picture above..... so, they do exist:)

Wyeast gave me one at the NHC- because I was the only size "small" in the room, according to the rep. :D

Otherwise they give them as swap for homebrew competitions and other events. They've donated a couple to me to give out as prizes (along with coupons for yeast) for competitions.

I won one in a hombrew comp but it was a small .....how many homebrewers do u know that ware a friggin small, except for yopper of corse!

Maybe if I had that tee shirt I could finally see the pattern behind how Wyeast numbers their strains. Is there one? I know that with White Labs the 0s are regular ale yeast, the 3s are wheat, the 4s are wits, the 5s are Belgians, the 6s are wild and sour blends, the 7s are wines and mead, and the 8s are lagers. No clue how Wyeast organizes their numbers.

I won one in a hombrew comp but it was a small .....how many homebrewers do u know that ware a friggin small, except for yopper of corse!

Want my address? :p

That's why I got the last free shirt- in a room of homebrewers, I was the only one who could fit in the sample shirt!

Most people at the National Homebrew Conference are quite a bit bigger than me- an XL would not be out of place as a prize for most. But I'm an XS or S, so I rarely get shirts that fit in competitions. Wyeast seems to have an awful lot of S sizes, so maybe I'll get lucky again!

That's why I got the last free shirt- in a room of homebrewers, I was the only one who could fit in the sample shirt!

Most people at the National Homebrew Conference are quite a bit bigger than me- an XL would not be out of place as a prize for most. But I'm an XS or S, so I rarely get shirts that fit in competitions. Wyeast seems to have an awful lot of S sizes, so maybe I'll get lucky again!

I believe I did read somewhere that Wyeast is the nation's leading employer of gnomes.

Maybe wyeast had some extra "HUGE" ordering mistake and that's why they give out the small shirts, cause seriously this shirt fits my 9 year old!:drunk:

Back