New Jersey Where are all the Northeast region homebrewing get togethers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
Out of sorrow and desperation, I tried to fill the homebrewcon sized hole in my soul by attending the CBC. In fact, I'm sitting the Las Vegas airport waiting for my redeye flight back home right now.

The CBC was weird because I'm not a pro brewer and I went by myself. It had its positive vibes for sure, but it's also very much business focused and lacked the heart that I've come to know via Homebrewcon.

I know there are some regional things and I suspect they will be the new way to pour and drink homebrew on a large scale.. Post up, where and when?

Was last year's homebrewcon a flop? I wanted to go, being in my backyard and all but just couldn't make it. Sucks!

The only local homebrew event I know of is Brew for Autism on Staten Island. It just occurred earlier this month. I was busy that day so did not attend, but I believe it draws a decent crowd. It’s been going close to 10 years now.

The Homebrewers Jamboree in NH would be the one large regional event in the Northeast that comes to mind (held in the Fall):
http://www.homebrewersjamboree.com/

Other pouring events include festival style competitions put on by local breweries/charity events - here in CT we have
  • Brewers Ball/Smoke In the Valley put on by Bad Sons
  • So You Think You Can Brew? hosted by Armada Brewing
  • Twelve Percent Beer Project Homebrew Contest
  • Westville Artwalk - charity event in New Haven
The ticketed serving events typically include things like brewer's choice, people's choice and even BJCP style scoring
I assume other areas of the Northeast have similar type of opportunities

None of these include the instructional part of a HomebrewCon, but are a great way to relive the club night atmosphere (best part anyhow :)

Was last year's homebrewcon a flop? I wanted to go, being in my backyard and all but just couldn't make it. Sucks!

I went to Pittsburg 2022 but couldn't make it last year due to family obligations. By my previous experience at 10 homebrewcons, the flop was already here. I'm guessing they lost money and it only got worse in San Diego. They need to pivot to smaller venues again quickly but event planning does not accomodate fast paced anything.

Back