When your beer is so good you don't wanna share.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staticsouls

When will the beer be free?
Reaction score
I brewed a nelson sauvin hazy and I was supposed to save some for other people, but right now it tastes so good I don't know if I would sell this batch. I set out with the goal of making better beer than I could find on the shelves, and today I feel I hit the mark. How many others of you have made the best beer you have tried?

Pic
20180510_160011.jpeg

IMG_1526001317.661130.jpg

This beer was my first NEIPA and I actually dry hopped with some NS/Cascade/Citra in the keg and prefer this over Serra Nevada Hazy little Thing. This beer is supposed to be my wife’s.
My whirlpool hops was Mosiac/Amarillo/Citra.

I brewed a nelson sauvin hazy and I was supposed to save some for other people, but right now it tastes so good I don't know if I would sell this batch. I set out with the goal of making better beer than I could find on the shelves, and today I feel I hit the mark. How many others of you have made the best beer you have tried?

That beer looks tasty. I have some Nelson that needs a good beer recipe. Care to share the recipe?

Hmmm, usually I want to share any really great beers with everybody. Like, "oh, this is good! Taste this!" so I can't really imagine holding onto any beer at all.
I've made some really good beers, and we're spoiled because we drink the beer we love best.

Hmmm, usually I want to share any really great beers with everybody. Like, "oh, this is good! Taste this!" so I can't really imagine holding onto any beer at all.
I've made some really good beers, and we're spoiled because we drink the beer we love best.
I probably need to brew more often to beat my hoarding characteristics. Hahaha

13 lbs of Belgian pils
3lbs flaked oats. I used quick oats
1oz nelson @ 5min boil
1 oz nelson @ flame out
3.5 oz nelson @ 170
2.5 oz nelson @ 160
Wlp008
Yeast nutrient
3 oz 24 hours into fermentation
2 oz day 4 of ferment
2 oz day 10

13 lbs of Belgian pils
3lbs flaked oats. I used quick oats
1oz nelson @ 5min boil
1 oz nelson @ flame out
3.5 oz nelson @ 170
2.5 oz nelson @ 160
Wlp008
Yeast nutrient
3 oz 24 hours into fermentation
2 oz day 4 of ferment
2 oz day 10
15 oz of Nelson for a 5-6 gal batch and no bittering addition? Is that right?

A couple of years back I brewed a batch of BM's Centennial Blond Ale - It is a beer we do frequently and have for some time. But this one batch just really sang. It went on tap right at the beginning of a stretch of really fine Summer weather, AND right at the beginning of an extended stretch of vacation time, AND right at the completion of my then brand new smoke house. All these environmental things added up and contributed I am sure, to making the beer taste even better than normal. It was just fantastic. And while I did not set out to hog the whole keg for myself - I did in the end pretty much bogart it all. I can't say for sure if it was THE BEST beer I ever had or did - but when everything was combined like that it came out pretty dang close.

I'm once again cursing the internet for not having scratch 'n' sniff pictures.
That beer looks/sounds awesome.
I love Nelson and had a beer on tap at Lagunitas about 3 years ago that was a Nelson IPA and it blew my socks off. I've been trying to replicate that beer since. I've made some good Nelson pales and IPAs but nothing that captured the taste and pop of that beer. Maybe I'll keep this recipe handy and give it a shot. In the meantime, I'll just covet your beer from afar.

I like to share my beers, I probably trade away almost half I make to my brewing friends. They bring 6 pack of their brew and trade for mine. But I don't mind just sending some out with friends when they stop by. I like making it just as much as drinking it, the faster it leaves the faster I can start another batch

I like to share my beers, I probably trade away almost half I make to my brewing friends. They bring 6 pack of their brew and trade for mine. But I don't mind just sending some out with friends when they stop by. I like making it just as much as drinking it, the faster it leaves the faster I can start another batch

This is exactly how I feel, too. But I have also had "that one batch" that the OP is referring to as well.

I normally give away growlers to anyone who comes over, and I have been sharing this one, but i sometimes get that selfish feeling and wish I wasn't sharing this one so much. In all honesty I have probably given away about as much as I have drank my self from this keg.

This is exactly how I feel, too. But I have also had "that one batch" that the OP is referring to as well.

I haven't brewed that beer yet myself, but I have had 2 beers from someone who did. It was a bourbon barrel Porter and it was fantastic. After the first I was amazed I was given a second bottle. I hope to brew a beer that good one day.

I haven't brewed that beer yet myself, but I have had 2 beers from someone who did. It was a bourbon barrel Porter and it was fantastic. After the first I was amazed I was given a second bottle. I hope to brew a beer that good one day.

Keep brewing, you'll get there.

Back