what's wrong with the college replay officials?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadarnell

Reaction score
what's wrong with the college replay officials? ... they seem to have no real guts .. the last TD in the Mich vs. ND game tonight saw the ball moving down the receivers body as he went out of bounds, and the officials took about 45 seconds to agree with the call on the field of TD .. seems like they might have looked at it longer than that to me ... I know in the NFL that would have been a much longer review .. what's the big hurry in the college games I wonder ???

That was a catch according to collegiate rules. They dint make up stupid things like "a football move." what dies that even mean. Any way. As long as it was in his hands and he didn't drop the ball it's a catch.

That was a catch according to collegiate rules. They dint make up stupid things like "a football move." what dies that even mean. Any way. As long as it was in his hands and he didn't drop the ball it's a catch.

i tought he never really possessed it cleanly before he went out, but my point was really about how fast the replay booth just sent it away .. it wasn't just that replay official

... i watched a lot of college football yeasterday and i think those officials agree too quickly with the field guys ... that play was worthy of a couple minute review imo ...

it would have been interesting to see what mich would have done if it was a no catch ... pass int was called on the play and they would have had it at the 2 with 2 seconds on the clock

You need irrefutable evidence to overturn a call on the field. If you have to look at it for 5 minutes from 19 angles, it's not irrefutable. That's probably one of those calls that replay would have upheld either way it had gone on the field.

Two feet in bounds the ball never moved until he stepped out of bounds and the defender tried to pull it away. That's how it looked without Notre Dame goggles on.

_

He had possession. Yes, the ball was moving, but he had both hands on it, and he came down in bounds.

That was a crazy game. We got home from the Western Michigan game in time to see the last few possessions.

Two feet in bounds the ball never moved until he stepped out of bounds and the defender tried to pull it away. That's how it looked without Notre Dame goggles on.

_

once again ... i was commenting on how short of a time they looked at it in the booth ... i am an indiana university fan ... and in that game there was a call that was looked at very quickly on a would be safety for IU .. and they just went with the call on the field even tho the film showd a fumble recovered in the endzone for a safety

i just thing the booth officauls in college football need to take a longer, closer look at some of these things ... just my observation from watching several games this weekend

The replay officials' only responsibility is to determine if there is enough evidence to overturn a call on the field. It doesn't take that long to check that out. And they have limited camera angles from which to choose, unlike the NFL.

The replay officials' only responsibility is to determine if there is enough evidence to overturn a call on the field. It doesn't take that long to check that out. And they have limited camera angles from which to choose, unlike the NFL.

i think you are right about the camera angle thing .. that's probably why they send it away so fast on some calls .. good point

Latest posts

Back