What's this socket/plug at the bottom of my fridge? (pic)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfgonzo

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just scored a free refrigerator from a friend to use as my ferm chamber, and in cleaning it, I noticed this socket/plug loose at the bottom. This is looking straight at the fridge, and is above the wheel on the lower left side (it's a side-by-side fridge/freezer, so technically, this is below the freezer section).

It was concealed by the plastic grill most fridges have at the bottom. Friend has no clue and said the fridge worked fine. You can't quite tell from the angle of my photo, but there's about 4-5 inches of cord behind the plug going under the fridge and into the guts.

Any thoughts?

socket.jpg

Esmitee, you have it! Powers the door electronics.

I dug around the underside of the freezer door and found the other connector. It had gotten twisted around the water tube and wasn't readily apparent. Thanks!

[Edit] and I just realized this is probably what refluxologist was probably trying to tell me too. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back