What's the difference, if any? (kegging setups from MWS)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barnzy02

Reaction score
So, my girlfriend just ordered me my first kegging setup:

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/dual-double-cornelius-keg-system.html

Words can't describe how psyched i am to start kegging, i've been brewing and bottling for about year now and am completely over it.

I've been doing a lot of reading and such and i was in the reviews section and came across this setup on midwest's website as well:

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/brew-logic-dual-tap-draft-system-with-reconditioned-co2-tank.html

Now, to my noob eyes, they look for all intents and purposes pretty much the same, save the price difference.

The regulators look a bit different, but my knowledge is severely lacking when it comes to all things kegging. So i was hoping someone might be able to drop some knowledge on me about what the difference between the regulators is or if there is any difference in the overall setup between these two. Fully aware that this is probably fairly obvious, but any info would be appreciated. :D

One has a brand new CO2 tank the other is Reconditioned. Look at the links you posted, the heading says "with reconditioned CO2 Tank" the other one says "NEW" tank.

Get the reconditioned one, your going to exchange them to get it filled anyway.

It looks like it says the co2 tank is optional in the second link. Maybe that's the difference? Also the first link has a much better regulator.

There doesn't appear to be any difference. The cheaper one also includes a new tank, but you can save $5.00 by getting the reconditioned tank. The more expensive one doesn't give any option at all.

I already have the first one coming my way. I just happened across that other setup today and was trying to noticed the price difference between to the two, but just wasn't sure what was the reason for that.

But yeah, the regulator looks a bit nicer in the one that i'm getting and i guess it's not a reconditions CO2 tank.

Thanks, i cannot wait to get some beer flowing through this thing. I'm also wondering how long the liquid lines are gonna be with this setup.

Since you're getting a new tank I would try to find a gas supplier that fills (rather than swaps ) your tank when you get it filled. If you call em up ahead of time they should be able to tell you to save yourself a trip.

Latest posts

Back