What's on your "To Brew List"?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpentBrains

Reaction score
As summer is about cranking, I'm not thinking of brewing too much, but there are three that I am eyeing for the fall season taps. I could brew one a week anytime now:

An Oktoberfest style. It's a little late for a true Marzen, but thinking I can shorten the process some and if I don't tell anyone, no-body will know that it was a June or even early July beer Considering KingBrian's https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=123493

A pumpkin ale. Considering either Reno's recipe https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=145060
or maybe Thunderstruck's recipe. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=26699

A heavy gravity RIS, or a black as moonless night oatmeal stout of some sort, but I don't even know where to begin. My tastes seem to prefer Beamish over Guiness when stumbling the alleys of Dublin, but never thought much of brewing my own until recently. Suggestions?

Getting an Oktoberfest lagering, and then brewing a Saison not sure of what adjuncts I'd like to add to the Saison yet. Gotta love Belgian yeast strains for their temperature range, and of course using air conditioning. :)

Last edited:
I think I'm a bit of an oddball, but I've usually got at least 10 or so recipes and grain bills queued up and ready to go. This weekend Im making another saison experiment and a all-brett black IPA. Next week Im gonna be out of town but hope to get a mango IPA going which a friend requested

For the longest it's been Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde. I just mashed in so I am rectifying that situation. Now, i am thinking about a chocolate milk stout for the winter.

Getting an Oktoberfest lagering, and then brewing a Saison not sure of what adjuncts I'd like to add to the Saison yet. Gotta love Belgian yeast strains for their temperature range, and of course using air conditioning. :)

Rye and Wheat are my go-tos for saisons. Not a fan of oats really in saisons. Anywhere between 15-30% works for me, but be careful going that high with Rye. Flaked wheat is definitely one I use a lot.

More recently, I've started using spelt though in place of wheat in a few beers. I really like the stuff. I still am waiting on the most recent spelt saison to be ready, but the first one I made is definitely a candidate for my favorite saison I've brewed to date

I think I'm a bit of an oddball, but I've usually got at least 10 or so recipes and grain bills queued up and ready to go. This weekend Im making another saison experiment and a all-brett black IPA. Next week Im gonna be out of town but hope to get a mango IPA going which a friend requested

Did a all grain kit dry hopped black IPA last fall that was fantastic. Corny didn't 4 weeks. I think it was ace of spades...but the brett sounds interesting.

I made a list at the beginning of the year estimating that I can brew once a month, and sometimes twice when the weather is nice.

Next up is my next attempt at my Wisconsin Common Beer.

After that I have planned a Hefe, X-mas ale (to age until the holidays), saison, my annual barleywine (to age until next holidays), a mocktoberfest, robust porter, and imperial stout. I don't have November or December figured out yet, but those are pretty busy so I may not get to brew one of those months.

Here's my spreadsheet:
To%20Brew_zpspisgeg6u.jpg

Brewing up the Shandy Saturday when my brother's in town. I have a 1 year old so this is about as aggressive as I can get with my brewing and I'll be shocked if I can get all of them done. Fall is a bit ambitious but I think I can sell SWMBO that if we have that much beer we can host football get togethers, save money on beer and see more of our friends... we'll see.

My summer beers are either on tap now or fermenting, so I'm done with those. I am now focused on fall beers for my Oktoberfest party, which will be a marzen, festbier, munich dunkel, and schwarzbier. All will be brewed in the next month. I am also brewing an 11% RIS on Sunday which I'll tap around Thanksgiving.

Irish red (easy recipe my son wants to help with), Tester all 2 row batch (for my wild yeast samples), Blackberry Witbeir, and finally a Parti-gyle RIS. Listed in order

Black IPA, and can't call it a pilsner, but basically a pilsner with 1007, then a Pumpkin Oktoberfest with 1007 that I'm going to call a Punktoberfest. Brewed it last year and it was killer.
Really like top cropping yeast, so I'm going to brew with a couple good top cropping yeasts for a while. I generally really like to brew lagers, but going to take a slight break from that for a bit...just for kicks.

Going to make the jump to all-grain so:
Another 5gal of "Born Again Heathenweizen" (blood orange hefeweizen...all-grain instead of extract)
All-grain re-attempt of my failed IPA
Either a chocolate/peanut butter porter or a chocolate/raspberry stout

We are nearingthe depths of winter on this side of the world.....
Yet here I am planning a Saison.
alhough it won't be ready until spring time, given the brettanomyces involved.

Other than that its pretty standard Pale ales and the like.
Although I have the Little Sumpin Sumpin clone in my list.

For some reason I always tend to brew out of season styles.

Looking to do a Big Porter this weekend and let it sit for 3 weeks in the fermenter and 3 months in the bottle!:mug:

I've been wanting to do an Oktoberfest for a while, but I am not really set up to lager right now. I'm considering trying it with an ale strain that would work well at temps as low as I can push my cool brewer cooler.

Also need to do a citra IPA after SWMBO finally discovered an IPA she really likes.

I cant decide if I want to go back and make some improvements on prior brews or do something new. Feeling like a deer in the headlights right now.

Honey Blonde Ale to round out my kegerator for the summer season.
On tap is Red IPA and Kama Citra Saison. So I need a nice "light" beer to add to the mix

I have lots of hops to use so I will probably do a couple of IPAs. Then another variation of my Brown Eyed Girl.

LOVE me some brown ales! Try Walt's American farm house Brown if you're looking to branch out. It never lasts long, but it's my personal favorite.

Latest posts

Back