What's hidden under that plastic?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atreid

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I came across an ad for used kegs and I was wondering if anyone ever came across this kind of kegs?

I know that below the top round part this is really SS of course, but I'm wondering more about the plastic ring providing the handles. Usual Sanke kegs have those in SS welded to the real container. If the handles here are only plastic, I could remove it and use the kegs as conical fermenter without any cutting needed to make it look like a real one...

Any real life experience with those models?

Thanks!

$T2eC16d,!)QE9s3HF451BQoKKwKHEQ~~48_20.JPG

$T2eC16Z,!)kE9s4,BEKWBQoKKs)RF!~~48_20.JPG

I can't drill if it's not mine... ;-)

Aquenne, I take it you cut the conical SSpart to get it like it is now? You do mean that the plastic handles were really only made of plastic, unlike usual all SS kegs with SS handles?

I can't drill if it's not mine... ;-)

Aquenne, I take it you cut the conical SSpart to get it like it is now? You do mean that the plastic handles were really only made of plastic, unlike usual all SS kegs with SS handles?

That is correct. The SS under the plastic does not have handles.

I did cut out the hole in the top (which removed the standard sanke connector/spear.

Let me know if you have any other Q's or want any other pics.

Back