What ya drinking?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmd2k1

Reaction score
From my very first batch...this is one damn tasty Cherry Cinnamon!

Cheers [emoji111]

0107181801.jpg

Waiting on my first batches to go to secondary. But since you asked, I found a store that gets scratch & dent and sells them for fifty cents a piece. So right now I'm digging some Dales Pale Ale and Abita Peach Lager. Gotta love the free bottles too ;)

Don’t judge...best I can do within walking distance. Way too sweet for my taste. :cask:

Attachments

• A2B43115-949D-4183-AAF2-85AF77F34A50.jpeg
    A2B43115-949D-4183-AAF2-85AF77F34A50.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 108
...my tart cherry cinnamon is a fav at this point!

What ur guys fav flavors?
0117181734a.jpg

No picture, but a mix of about 50% classic "Caramel Apple Cider" from this forum (so it has some cinnamon and reduced brown sugar syrup as a sweetener) and then 50% my very first batch which was fermented with just juice and champagne yeast. I went big with that first batch (5 gallons), and I am the only one drinking it, so I have a lot of it to get rid of.

No picture, but a mix of about 50% classic "Caramel Apple Cider" from this forum (so it has some cinnamon and reduced brown sugar syrup as a sweetener) and then 50% my very first batch which was fermented with just juice and champagne yeast. I went big with that first batch (5 gallons), and I am the only one drinking it, so I have a lot of it to get rid of.

Nice problem to have ;)

My first attempt at Pumpkin Chai Cider. This was the subject of my bottle carb with the pressure gauge experiment. I will update that thread once I go through the info I wrote down. Right now I may have to cut the experiment short as I only have a few more of these left and they are good! Downside to single gallon batches.... Otherwise this has a nice light carb, pumpkin flavor pretty much gone, maybe some spice from the chai tea. BUT the backsweeten with maple syrup made all the difference! Turned out more like Maple Cider - which is fine with me! I'll make this again for sure, maybe just omit the pumpkin. Or drop puree in secondary next time? Something to think about.

2018PumpkinChai (1).JPG

My first attempt at Pumpkin Chai Cider. This was the subject of my bottle carb with the pressure gauge experiment. I will update that thread once I go through the info I wrote down. Right now I may have to cut the experiment short as I only have a few more of these left and they are good! Downside to single gallon batches.... Otherwise this has a nice light carb, pumpkin flavor pretty much gone, maybe some spice from the chai tea. BUT the backsweeten with maple syrup made all the difference! Turned out more like Maple Cider - which is fine with me! I'll make this again for sure, maybe just omit the pumpkin. Or drop puree in secondary next time? Something to think about.

View attachment 554462
Looks good! How much maple syrup did ya use for the 1gal batch?

Backsweetened with 145g grade A amber maple syrup (whole foods brand). Brought the SG back up to 1.006

In case you're curious....
This was done with 7.5oz pumpkin puree in primary (what a pain to rack off of)
1/2 cup h2o & 1 chai tea bag
Nottingham yeast
3 weeks in primary, racked, backsweetened and bottled with pressure gauge monitor. 5 days to reach 25psi @70F.

Today's its a pint (atleast) of wild blueberry cinnamon...

Cheers!

IMG_20180206_230935_276.jpg

IMG_7519.jpg

My own fermented with 71b-1122, aged in a bourbon barrel and back sweetened with some fresh juice freeze concentrated then kegged. Bottled today and this was the bottom of the keg.

Traditional 5 gallon batch cider with black tea primary, medium toast oak and 4 pounds fresh strawberries in secondary. Kegged and carbed. Just a month old but good now should be great with a little more age.

No it’s like a 5.3 gal. from a small batch distillery in Phoenixville, PA. But I wish I got the 10 gal. barrel now!
How many times can it be used & benefits of barrel aging still are realized?

The bourbon flavor is gone after two times. Probably cuz I stored it filled with citric acid solution. But you still get the benefits of barrel aging after that and you can soak it with more bourbon.

...a pint of cinnamon wild blueberry to kick off Spring

0320181550a.jpg

Pantry (yes) dropper :) cuz it's what was in the pantry. 15 cans fajc, h20 and 3 times used yeast cake of s04 and some pastuer blanc. 8 days fermented and into keg.

Attachments

• 20180329_214437.jpg
    20180329_214437.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 53
" Vienna Kolsch ":

https://imgur.com/a/oluLjAc

All Vienna malt with K-97 + 3.5 oz Hallertau Mittelfruh and 3.5 oz Mandarina Bavaria. NO dry hopping.

Really refreshing, crisp, citrussy with spice and earthiness. At 5.5% ABV goes down easily.

How do you guys recommend adding cinnamon?
I'm a huge cinnamon fan & I toss whole cinnamon sticks in most of mine...for me 2-3 per gal for a really nice kick....but suggest ya start w just 1 per gal and work ur way up.

Little new beer bar on the outskirts of Utica, NY has a to go section. Very cool.

Thanks, When do you add it?
Toss mine in the 1gal containers after cold crashing & racking...then back in fridge. Those are what I serve out of....till I invest in some kegs.

Cheers [emoji111]

...cool rainy Michigan day...great for one of my favs

Tart cherry...cinnamon...ginger [emoji111] ...an S04 production [emoji41]
0722181545.jpeg

...awesome early fall day!

Sipping my tart cherry cinnamon faux ice cider. Delish[emoji111] 10.5% ABV....used S04 yeast.

Cheers!
IMG_20180926_155153_552.jpeg

Back