What would you brew with..??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hjandersen

Reaction score
I'm brewing tonight but I don't know what to brew..

I've got this in stock:

Malt: Basic (pale/pils), carapils, carared, melanodin, torrified wheat and munich-2

Hops: Citra, Centennial, Cascade, Moteuka and Chinnok

Yeast: Safale s-04, Safale us-05, Safbrew wb-06, Meales (bry-97), Notthingham

Any thoughts on a good recipe??

I'd mash about 4kgs of base malt with about .5kgs each of Carared and carapils. I'd add 20g of Chinook for a 60 min boil then add 15g of Moteuka at 15 minutes and the same at flameout. I'd use the Safale us-05 or the one with the shortest use by date.

That would give me a simple, easy drinking pale ale of around 4.5% ABV with a bitterness of about 38 EBUs. It might not be to your taste.

I'd mash about 4kgs of base malt with about .5kgs each of Carared and carapils. I'd add 20g of Chinook for a 60 min boil then add 15g of Moteuka at 15 minutes and the same at flameout. I'd use the Safale us-05 or the one with the shortest use by date.

That would give me a simple, easy drinking pale ale of around 4.5% ABV with a bitterness of about 38 EBUs. It might not be to your taste.

I did almost this - Using Meales West Coast yeast and Centennial for bittering (not Chinook) since it was already open..

Thanks!

Id use it all in different proportions except Id leave out the melonoiden and make it an ipa or pale ale.

Back