What was I smoking when I made this Kolsch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chumprock

Reaction score
'Cause I want more of whatever it was.
Really now, I thought I pulled this recipe together from here, but I can't find anything similar and it doesn't seem right looking back on it:

Ingredients:
Code:
Amount        Item                                      Type         % or IBU      
8.25 lb       Kolsch Malt (4.5 SRM)                     Grain        76.74 %       
1.50 lb       White Wheat Malt (2.4 SRM)                Grain        13.95 %       
1.00 lb       Munich Malt (9.0 SRM)                     Grain        9.30 %        
1.50 oz       Tettnang [4.50 %]  (60 min)               Hops         22.0 IBU      
0.50 oz       Tradition [6.00 %]  (15 min)              Hops         4.9 IBU       
0.50 oz       Tettnang [4.50 %]  (5 min)                Hops         1.5 IBU

Now I think it tastes wonderful, but no.. it's not really a Kolsch. It's much darker and a little maltier than the style.
I'm still going to love drinking it, but I'm totally confused on why I put so much Munich in there...

**** happens and you drink it anyways.:D

I thought it was just going to be German pils for the base. :confused:

Who makes kolsch malt?

What yeast did you use?

I did the same thing last night. Looked at some old recipes that I put together before I knew any better. Caught myself thinking "WTF was I thinking?" several times.

Globalmalt Kolsch Malt.

I used Wyeast 2565. Everything about the beer was normal, excepting for the grain bill.

No, this just replaced an Alt. A wonderfully traditional Alt that I never wanted to end..

This is much lighter than an Alt, but much darker than a Kolsch. Once it cools and I pull a pint I'll take a pic..

bumped, I was hoping I stoled this recipe from someone here or something so they good say "hey, that's mine" or something...

I looked through the recipe DB and came up with nothing, so who knows..

Latest posts

Back