What to expect...1st brett

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNTgill

Reaction score
So I brewed a saison on 8/20 OG of 1.071 pitched dupont saison yeast and ramped temps up to 85 and held there for two weeks. Dropped to 1.006. Moved to secondary after 21 days and pitched a vial of WLP 650 Brett B. I haven't seen any activity and wasn't sure if I would see anything. There are tiny bubbles of co2 but not much. It's been in the secondary for 10 days and I plan on leaving it at least 4 to 6 months. I always make a starter for my primary yeast but have never pitched a different strain and I'm worried the brett got overwhelmed and I should have made a starter for it. Am I worrying for nothing or should I grab another vial and make a starter and pitch at high krausen?

You're worrying over nothing. Just let it sit. If the OG went from 1.071 to 1.006 after the saison yeast, the majority of the fermentables have been chewed up. Don't expect the addition of the Brett to create an explosive amount of krausen. The Brett is just going to scavenge on whatever's left and it needs time to do it's job.

Latest posts

Back