What style fits it the best?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruint

Sipping on the big cup of life!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So...we (Homebrew Club) had an opportunity to draw second runnings from our host Crafty Ales and Lagers on learn how to brew day. They did their Little Imp Stout, and then filled the mash back up, agitated it, let it settle and did a second running for us to do what we liked with it. I collected 9.5 gallons of it and I really didn't want a stout, so my twisted mind came up with an impulse to try and do a weizenbock. Love a good weizen, and really enjoy good bocks...what could go wrong??? LoL!! Most bocks I have had, had a dark appearance....very similar to the grain bill used in the imp stout recipe...wiezen brewed like a bock or vice versa? I think I went more like the latter part. Problem was , there was not any wheat in the bill. My solution to that was to add 6.6 pounds worth of bavarian wheat malt extract into the runnings and then do my boil. I used a modest amount of hallertau german hops at 45 and again at 25. my OG was at 1.092 when first looked at but seemed to drop a little to 1.088. I used 2 vials of wlp300 yeast, that I started the day prior in dme based wort at 1.040.
Anybody know what style this fits better than what I am calling it? I'm still learning quite a few styles and all the details that go into them to make them specifically that style...so this was a "loose" attempt at that....if nothing else....a fun beer experiment.

Back