What is your 'must have on hand' style?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have anything that must be on tap, but I like the malty/yeasty end of the spectrum and try to keep a Scottish ale or Belgian of some kind on tap, but I only have two taps at this time so it is difficult. Also a wit/wheat is nice to change things up. :D

Although I haven't had a single style of beer to keep on tap, if I had to choose I would like a mildly tart kettle soured gose or saison. I have 3 taps but rarely do I have all 3 running before one runs dry!

Mine depends on the time of year. Summer is beside the pool beer time- blonde ales, ciders, pale ales,maybe a Scottish ale. Fall/ winter is brown ale, Triples, porters and stouts... and a cider for non-beer folks

I have 2 taps so I try to always have a hoppy beer of some sort and a dark beer of some sort. It usually ends up being an IPA/APA and a big bitter american stout like oatmeal stout, coffee stout, or the like. Yum.

I like to have an easy drinking Belgian Dubbel on hand. They're like Lay's potato chips - you can't have just one!

I have four taps - but it is rare that they are all flowing at once. Usually three at a time. I almost always have an IPA or Pale ale. I have a tap dedicated to american hoppy beers. Moving forward I would like to always have a Saison as well. My other favorite style.

480C69CB-3FE6-4970-A002-63F5651A77F9.jpeg
Cold is my favorite!

I always have a sour and a saison, usually several styles of each. Other than that, it changes with the seasons. Right now I'm brewing a lot of English ales and stocking up some higher gravity stuff for next year.

3 things:
something for myself, something for the crowds (typically IPA and/or light lager/pilsner), something new (seasonal or a clone of something I cannot buy here).

I also found that having some sort of homebrew soda/lemonade on tap to be a good idea.

Back