What is the correct music to play for my yeast??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katman

Reaction score
I just brewed up a chocolate milk stout kit that I got from NB"s fall sale and was looking over the directions for fermentation while I was waiting for the wort to cool and noticed that the directions said to place the fermenter in a dark QUIET place, :rolleyes:we all know yeasties have very sensitive hearing:rolleyes:. I am not sure these directions are correct since I have music playing pretty loud a lot of the time I am here and my yeasties seem to be happy. However I was wondering if maybe I should change the music (mainly heavy electronic stuff) to increase attenuation. Would something classical make my yeast happier or maybe something more industrial like Lords of Acid -You got the magic. Please let me know what music do you play for your yeast or what tunes would they like best.

P.S -Thinking about adding a speaker to my fermentation chamber =^.^=

Depends on the yeast. You might try National anthems for a lot of them. For WY1087-PC you might want to play some Queen. For WY1728 maybe some bagpipe music. Etc.

The NB kit site gives the choice of S04 or wy1332 - and they're out of the Wyeast.
Maybe "God Save The Queen" on a loop, then?

Cheers! ;)

There is ultrasonic equipment sold to prevent to growth of algae in water. No doubt, techno makes such sounds. May be best to just listen to sign language.

I Drink Alone - George Throughgood....lol

or a waveform generator, and report back with your results....

edit: found this, aprently 741hz:

I think Dark Side of the Moon frequency shifted above human hearing is the ticket.

I think Dark Side of the Moon frequency shifted above human hearing is the ticket.

i'd think low frequency subwoofer, next to the fermenter would help degas for better yeast health....kinda like a stir plate....so, Clubbed to Death - Matrix soundtrack

i'd think low frequency subwoofer, next to the fermenter would help degas for better yeast health....kinda like a stir plate....so, Clubbed to Death - Matrix soundtrack
A subsonic shaker table. Hmm. Every once in a while a brilliant idea emerges from drunken nonsense...

Back