What is the best condition to transport a keg, for serving outside on a hot day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikescooling

Reaction score
What is the best condition to transport a keg, for serving outside on a hot day via Jockey Box? Should the keg be at 60*F for less of a temp swing, or should it be super cold at 33*F, and what the best transportation pressure, 12psi? AKA you know it's going to get shaken and warmer?
Thanks guys

I'd transport it super cold, that way it wont be too warm at toward the middle of the keg. You shouldn't have to worry about a temp swing after the fermentation is complete, especially if you expect it all to be drank right away. Buckle it into the seatbelt on the passenger side of the car or hold it between your knees if you aren't driving. Keep it pressurized to serving pressure, and be sure you have a way to keep the pressure for serving while you are there.

I would put it in my belly. That way you know it dosnt get wasted. :D . You can get it cold then wrap it with some blankets with some ice packs in between the keg and blanket.

Latest posts

Back