What ID for piping?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h22lude

Reaction score
I'm slowly replacing all my ports to TC and want to build a priming valve for my pump. I want to use as little threaded parts as possible. The smallest straight TC piping I have found is 1" ID and the smallest T piping I have found is 1.5" ID. The tubing I use is all 1/2" ID. Does it matter that the pipes are much wider than the tubing? Will that cause a flow issue?

Im using 3/4" tube with 1-1/2" tri clamp ends.. most of mine came from china ebay sellers but its decent looking. They were the only source I found for 3/4 tube with the larger tri clamp.. its also sold as 19mm.

1" is actually the outer diameter on TC pipe. I prefer the 1" as it uses the same flange as 1.5" and so is compatible with more equipment. I have also never seen a butterfly valve that uses a 3/4" flange if you every want to use butterfly valves.

Thanks for the replies. I decided to go with 1" OD piping. The ID will be a little smaller and close enough to the tubing I use.

Latest posts

Back