What do you suppose this is?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leapsandbounds

Reaction score
5ED08604-02D6-4B39-A5B7-9010E8ADE6E2.jpeg

Hydrometer sample pre fermentation.

F46BD913-B3A7-48B9-9D4C-67ACF6DB2255.jpeg

Random floaters post fermentation.

I just bottled a cream ale and I noticed it was full of tiny floating specs that I’ve never noticed before. I usually leave my beer in the primary for three weeks but bottled this batch after 2 since I’m running low on homebrew. It was also much hazier post fermentation. I’m guessing it was suspended yeast or trub material that hadn’t settled out yet but I’m just guessing. Anyways, the sample I tasted seemed normal for flat beer. Essentially, I’m just curious to hear your thoughts on the matter.

I will note that I used whirlfloc for the first time and I do not cold crash.

View attachment 602833
Hydrometer sample pre fermentation.

View attachment 602832
Random floaters post fermentation.

I just bottled a cream ale and I noticed it was full of tiny floating specs that I’ve never noticed before. I usually leave my beer in the primary for three weeks but bottled this batch after 2 since I’m running low on homebrew. It was also much hazier post fermentation. I’m guessing it was suspended yeast or trub material that hadn’t settled out yet but I’m just guessing. Anyways, the sample I tasted seemed normal for flat beer. Essentially, I’m just curious to hear your thoughts on the matter.

I will note that I used whirlfloc for the first time and I do not cold crash.

The first picture is before fermentation? I have never seen wort pre-fermentation that clear.

Your guess is what I would say that it is.

Latest posts

Back