What do you store your beer in?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidepart

Reaction score
I had a bottle crack in storage last weekend and it made a small mess. It wasn't even overcarbed, damn bottle just had a flaw I bet.

Anyway, I want to revise my storage solution to try and reduce the mess if it happens again. What does everyone use? Any recommendations? Obvious solution is just plastic bins from Menards...but maybe one of you has the PERFECT solution.

In my mind the perfect solution is a plastic box with hard corners (at least on the inside) that can neatly fit one (or two) case(s) of bottles. The plastic boxes don't need lids, but it'd be awesome if they were made to nest ontop of eachother (stack). Like milk crates but solid.

The plastic tubs were always the ticket for me in the first couple of weeks, then cabinet shelves. Now that I'm kegging, I've skipped the plastic tubs.

I have several large coolers I use for camping trips. When these are not in use I have all my 12-packs of conditioning bottles in them....completely leak proof, bottle bomb proof and saves space since dedicated beer storage bins would just leave me with empty coolers wasting storage room space.

Back