What do you call that thing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottG58

Reaction score
Okay. I'm gonna start with a confession. I'm twelve (mental age anyway ) . I bought taps and shanks from keg connection. The twelve year old part of me took the stuff out of the box and played with it before I put it together. Tried to put one faucet together with shank-- leaked like a sieve. So much beer flowing I expected my wife to rearrange the deck chairs while the band played "nearer my God to thee."

(Hard to tell a short story short when I've been drinking. I appogize in advance to those who want to say mean things).

Anyway, I think when I was playing with the stuff, I lost the silver ring thing that goes between the shank and the faucet. What do I call that when I ask for it at local brew shop tomorrow?

I should never drink and blog. Today I figured out that I have the part. I have a bad faucet that will not seat and seal to the shank.

Latest posts

Back