What did YOU do last night?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The wind (finally) died down a little last evening, so Bob kayaked out and got a few oysters, while I stayed at the house. He got home just before sunset, with a fish and some oysters. The sunset was so beautiful that I had to take a few photos.

0205141010.JPG

DSCN1935.JPG

DSCN1936.JPG

DSCN1940.JPG

Let's see your photos!

I was too busy shopping the ice at the bottom of our driveway to take pictures. I ALMOST took a picture of the Sam Adams Rebel IPA I finally got to try (It was actually pretty good. A nice, solid IPA with an interesting mix of hops.) After that I scarfed down some leftover roast beef and then drove the kid to dance.

We've had a few nice sunsets/sunrises lately, though, so I hope that a harbinger of spring around the corner.

I took a slab of ribs over to the neighbor's and ate dinner with them, then I came back home and loaded up some 45 ammo in the basement which was fun but not exactly a kodak moment.

:mug:

wow that is just beautiful! Next brew meeting at your place? Last night I was sadly informed that my brew day was pushed back a week. :(

I not a huge fan of all seafood, but every time you take a picture of what you and Bob have caught for dinner, I'm a little jealous. I'd like to try that stuff! I wish the wife was more adventurous with what she eats.

wow that is just beautiful! Next brew meeting at your place? Last night I was sadly informed that my brew day was pushed back a week. :(

Sure, you're invited! If you leave now, you should be here by about Tuesday. :D

It's a bit cold now- even the palm trees are shivering- but it's supposed to be tolerable by tomorrow. We'll be out kayaking again as soon as it warms up a bit.

You are living the vida loca!

One of my employees father-in-law lives on the Puget Sound. Oysters, crab pots, boat. Someday I plan on extending a business trip to take him up on his offer to stay for a weekend, all I have to do is ship out some of my beer!

Last evening, we hung out with our friends across the street. Quite a few Shiners and Real Ale beers, and then dinner.

Before dinner, Bob stood on the dock and tossed a line out.

Tonight, they are coming to OUR house for dinner for this:

redfish.jpg

Last night was pretty simple. Watched music videos with my oldest son. Drank some Columbus Brewing Co IPA & a Kona Longboard lager. Just sloppy joes & tater tots. But the fish & oysters look darn good! We used to gather fresh water clams after ice off on Lake erie. But they outlawed it.:(

Took a managerial accounting midterm and celebrated getting a 90 on it with a Sierra Nevada Narwhale. Not too bad, but a little heavy on the alcohol burn.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I made a irish red ale and a 5 gallon batch of some ancient orange mead. I just about ran out of propane right before flameout. :eek: It was my first biab brew too.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Home Brew mobile app

Last evening, we hung out with our friends across the street. Quite a few Shiners and Real Ale beers, and then dinner.

Before dinner, Bob stood on the dock and tossed a line out.

Tonight, they are coming to OUR house for dinner for this:

View attachment 178166

Wow does it look COLD where you are at! :rolleyes:

Last night I went to see Con Brio Voce Brass Choir in Big Rapids with special guest Woodrow English, a 34 year veteran and famous trumpet and bugle player.

Let me tell you, this guy was INCREDIBLE! You can't imagine hearing the sound he could make on a trumpet!

After that I cooked up some Jambalaya and a cake with a caramel sauce.

Back