What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah...SWMBO was the only one of us that ate white meat chicken. Since going veggie, I can just buy dark meat for me and the kids. Honestly, I've always thought white meat chicken was too dry, in my opinion.

I am just flat sick of this app not letting me post because it has not been 30 seconds. It has been hours since I last posted anything.

I love the ones I have! You can do awesome cobblers in them too! You can do a lot of cool things in them. Google!

Yeah, you can bake biscuits, bread & all kinds of stuff in'em. Check out Tim Farmer's Country Kitchen on youtube. He does this cowboy cookin' segment sometimes with open fire & cast iron that's pretty cool.

Jalapeno cream soup

One large diced onion
two slices of applewood smoked bacon finely diced
a dozen roasted and peeled jalapenos
a half pound sausage
4 cubed yukon gold potatoes
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp white pepper
1 tbs sweet basil leaves
1 quart chicken stock
1 qt half and half
salt and pepper to taste

dice the bacon and saute until fat is rendered then add onion, sausage, and jalapenos. When sausage is cooked drain the fat and add spices, slowly add the cream and half and half and bring to a boil, add cubed potatoes, reduce heat and simmer for an hour to 45 minutes until potatoes are tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Last edited:
Chateaubriand with Bearnaise Sauce and Chateau Potatoes

002_zpsrdlyylut.jpg

005_zpsoau7emea.jpg

007_zps2bgeonid.jpg

Cheers!

WTF...this site dups threads over and over. really oughta look into that.

Brother. That ain't plastic. That's Fiesta Ware: ceramic dinnerware glazed in differing solid colors manufactured and marketed by the Homer Laughlin China Company of Newell, West Virginia. LOL

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiesta_(dinnerware)

Ah! OK. I stand corrected. Looks just like some plastic plates I own! Uh, I mean INHERITED.

BTW I no brother. I sister. See tag line.

I grilled some steaks that I used the quick age steak method. Had some control steaks and the one marinated in fish sauce definitely tasted different. Crazy how it turned out. I will be doing it with more steaks soon.

My son lives about 85 miles away,but comes home every 2 weeks to drink my beer ,eat my food and hang out.We're pretty much best friends.Since Easter is in a couple weeks I was kind of at a loss what to cook this weekend .Decided to do Springsgiving:turkey,dressing ,mashed potatoes and homemade gravy,g.b. casserole and cranberry sauce .Leftovers today for lunch .Man I love that meal!

Back