What can I make?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billc68

Reaction score
I am a little low on funds right now but itching to ferment something in a 1 Gallon fermenter. Gimme some ideas.
I have a few fermentables on hand and wondering if anyone has any recipes that I am equipped for...

What do I have? Well...
Beer related:
2 lbs of DME
1/2 pound of flaked barley
dextrose
a couple packs of Cooper's Ale yeast

Other fermentables at my disposal:
3/4lb of honey
3/4 lb of molasses
1 cup of maple syrup
1 pound raisins
2 quarts of apple juice
1 can frozen lemonade concentrate
1 can frozen Limeade concentrate
Lots of sugar, white, brown, icing
some orange juice maybe a quart
1-2 pounds of quick oats

Non fermentables:
A decent selection of herbs and spices and not opposed to going out side and finding something in the yard.

I don't want to make prison brew or anything, but I thought maybe someone on here with more experience than I can throw out a suggestion.

Oh and I just found 48oz of Pineapple juice, some cherries, some apples and I am sure there are other hings like rice and stuff, not sure how to use rice.

Without hops it's pretty difficult to make most beers. I mean, you can make it, but it's not going to be bittered or have the preservatives from the hop oils. So, that might be why you didn't get any replies.

You could have made some sort of citrus wine out of what you had...

Hope your spruce beer turns out well.

Without hops it's pretty difficult to make most beers. I mean, you can make it, but it's not going to be bittered or have the preservatives from the hop oils. So, that might be why you didn't get any replies.

You could have made some sort of citrus wine out of what you had...

Hope your spruce beer turns out well.

Very true, I wasn't necessary looking to make a beer and the apple juice and honey wasn't enough for a mead or a cider or even a cyser

Back