What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes beer is not what I need 8B4207C1-20C5-4E39-A440-83E74574DF4B.jpeg

Just saw this RR beer for the first time earlier this afternoon at a local shop.

Where are you staying? Anywhere near Auburn? If so head over to Moonraker Brewing. Killer IPA's.
We're in Twain Harte/Sonora area for my dad's funeral/life celebration. Heading to South Lake Tahoe tomorrow to visit the granddaughter before heading back to Austin.

Had few Jameson shots/FsW 805s and some Lagunitas IPAs. Back at now with this goodness!

PXL_20220613_003700622.jpg
PXL_20220613_003721026.MP.jpg

Had to try and experiment…
Same HB Vienna lager, same glass, different light.
Beer pictures are hard.
View attachment 771632
That looks much more vienna-lagerish! My bad! Looks just like "Vitamin Y" ( Yuengling Brothers Lager, for you non-commonwealthers.. yes it's true, the favorite Pennsylvania beer is a Vienna Lager ... my personal fave for "beer flavored beer" is Yards Philly Standard, which is a Helles )

Last edited:
We're in Twain Harte/Sonora area for my dad's funeral/life celebration. Heading to South Lake Tahoe tomorrow to visit the granddaughter before heading back to Austin.

Had few Jameson shots/FsW 805s and some Lagunitas IPAs. Back at now with this goodness!

View attachment 771628View attachment 771629
Condolences, man. That's a beautiful part of the country to celebrate one's life. So peaceful and quiet, very conducive to gathering with loved ones for such a solemn occasion.

Condolences, man. That's a beautiful part of the country to celebrate one's life. So peaceful and quiet, very conducive to gathering with loved ones for such a solemn occasion.
I did my senior year here. Fell in love with the place for sure.

These aren't going to drink themselves....

PXL_20220613_021525102.jpg

Hydro sample of cantaloupe wheat beer. Not quite as much cantaloupe aroma and flavor as I hoped, but pretty good for the first try.

View attachment 771406

What was your ratio of pounds of fruit to gallons of beer, and when did you add the cantaloupe? That's a good spelling bee word!
I've purchased the sous vide...and with it, I've said goodbye to the last frayed threads that kept me tethered to sanity.

Thank you, Camonick ;)

Now, sous vide some rib eye and post in the "food" version of this thread :)

In. But don’t overhype my homebrew. PM me and we can trade. I don’t even need to go to Suarez for funky now since they ship (and I may have a stockpile).

^ he's being modest
So I go to BeVmo (big box liquor store) in Sacramento and get crap beer. Zero Russian River. I go to the small beer section in this little town in the mountains and bang! Starting out with STS Pils

View attachment 771529
Try and get their funky beers - some of my favorites!! *drool*

Not sure if I posted this, but an amber at Home (restaurant) in Soquel, CA. If you ever make it that way, truer our absolute favorite local restaurant. It's a 45min drive, and worth it. Small beer selection, but a fair amount of ciders.
imgly_5240535868047180482.jpg

A new tapas place in Carmel. I was feeling sick so I took a sick (of work) day. Nice cocktail selection :)
PXL_20220610_222402553.jpg

Some beers I muled back from our trip to Idaho. If I'm in the area again, I'd visit their brewery based on these. Drank from the can, like a loser.
imgly_2195740502183258052.jpg

imgly_7170389870904916180.jpg

Been wanting to try this one. I'll be reserve comment until I have another one.
PXL_20220612_192614229.jpg

I randomly grabbed one of @Atlantatopher homebrews a few days ago and stuffed if in the fridge. I wanted to see if I could figure out what it was without knowing first, and I was pretty close.

I thought to myself - it's rich and thick like a barley wine, but with some mix of spices. I couldn't nail it, but I could describe it which matches with @Atlantatopher description. Also, not the ideal beer to pair with the other thing.

Better than Santa's Cookies 9.3% 34.5 IBU Winter Warmer, never too late for a tasty winter warmer.

It's comparable to Mad Elf by Troegs, but it has a different spice profile (similar). If you like Mad Elf (@TBC ) you might wanna get in the next FotHB *wink* *wink*
PXL_20220613_023324971.jpg

Took the car to a local car meet in a parking garage overlooking Monterey last night - fun times.
PXL_20220612_035509681.jpg

Last edited:
Back