What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Classic American Pilsner. It's one of the names given by the AHA to the fizzy yellow swill category.
Thanks. I'm always behind. I didn't want to ask another poster what a "cold IPA" was, just asking question after question.
My Uncle is a diehard pilsner fan.

Nice looking beer.
Moose is my cat's name. He'll probably want to be called Moose Juice now.
Alastor Moose.jpg

Thanks. I'm always behind. I didn't want to ask another poster what a "cold IPA" was, just asking question after question.
My Uncle is a diehard pilsner fan.
I'm also eternally behind. I brew what I enjoy and seldom buy commercial beer because I'm always working on a project or two in my brewery.

That said, I do try to keep up on the AHA categories because it provides a useful language with which to communicate with other brewers. They're good people doing good things, but I still reserve the right to poke fun of, ridicule, and do my very best to take the piss out of the AHA whenever possible. As my father was always keen to point out, "You have problems with authority."

Damn right I do.

Classic American Pilsner. It's one of the names given by the AHA to the fizzy yellow swill category. It's the third name they've given the category, I think. Gordon Strong wants us to call it something else, now. I forget what. I've quit caring.

I've given up and I just call it CAP. Easy to type.
Unless you have to explain it every time! 😉😁

Is "very local" something one can walk to?
I need to get me one of those!
It would be a very long walk a few towns away, but my town has a brew pub and a “craft” brewery, that could be walkable. A third brewery just closed to relocate 5 days ago. Sounds like I live in Lushville! LOL

Is it a smoked Scotch Ale? Putting aside the whole peated malt thing, I've always thought that the style, like porter, lends itself to properly smoked malt.
No, it’s not a smoked Scottish. It’s really in the “Scottish Export” style (14C). This is the description from the style guidelines-
Description
“A malt-focused, generally caramelly beer with perhaps a few esters and occasionally a butterscotch aftertaste. Hops only to balance and support the malt. The malt character can range from dry and grainy to rich, toasty, and caramelly, but is never roasty and especially never has a peat smoke character. Style Comparison: Similar character to a Wee Heavy, but much smaller.”

Back