What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's finally clear!
20210831_181153.jpg

HB Schwarzbier
Tastes great after kegging an Irish Stout, de-labeling and washing a case of bottles and washing 3 kegs. Now I’m gonna sit and drink this beer and sniff the airlock on the NEIPA that just started fermenting.
View attachment 740757
You? NEIPA? I feel like up is suddenly down…

You? NEIPA? I feel like up is suddenly down…
Crazy, isn’t it? After receiving some samples in a FotHB trade from @wepeeler , I discovered I kinda prefer them to a traditional IPA. I’m brewing his recipe and hopefully it turns out. What’s coming through the airlock now is quite promising. I even ordered some new glasses just so I have the proper glassware when it’s ready.:ban:
2A50F079-6D0B-4D20-95DF-FB39E4B4E4D3.jpeg

I'm drinking water! I haven't had a beer in almost 2 weeks because of pneumonia. On antibiotics and feeling much better. But not having beer is feeling kind of nice, I want to keep going, but Oktoberfest season is coming up...
It's funny, being on such a break reminds me of the long thread about taking a month off from drinking that @ArizonaGoalie started many moons ago. I find myself thinking less about drinking beer and more about making it. I did a month break like that back in April 2019 and it was really nice. Only one day did I really "want" a beer.

It’s been that Fukin IDA day and I’ve only been home since 330! Got at least 7” rain. Got home and everything was good but the one sump pump. Float stuck but it only could have been stuck for about 30 minutes max. Took my little guy with me for a learning experience. Float kept sticking for about an hour and then worked.

In the meantime I thought I smelt $hit and my youngest son said they same. Fucin sandmound was backing up into downstairs bathroom.

After panicking assessed situation and opened cleanout in the basement (4th floor) and let it all go to sump and pump out to driveway. Had to shop vac bathroom, house smell like shi1 still. Bathroom dry now disinfecting. Already called off tomorrow. Putting in a ball valve so it never happens again tomorrow.

Texted wife at work already warned her I’m drinking!! I’m almost @Remmy smacked and still ready to go. Been awhile!!

9A9BE797-5343-40D7-A8FD-8134126D2738.jpeg

Back