What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time here. Meh. Troegs Perpetual IPA though. Good beer.
AA73FFBB-F3FF-4660-A788-640FCAC21F7C.jpeg

I'm envious of the clarity of your HB Pils! Do you filter/keg or bottle condition? I do 100% bottles, and don't come close to that kind of clarity.
I also bottle. The only finings I use are whirlfloc and time. I can generally read through my fermonster on lighter colored brews at bottling but I battle chill haze for 3-4 weeks before dropping completely clear again. This one dropped it’s haze much quicker than others, though, so who the hell knows what happened there.

As an Ohioan by birth, I will still say that Paninis is second in line after Primanti Bros.
Primanti's only claim to fame is putting french fries on a sandwich. Our local Primanti's closed after a tornado ripped it up, and it didn't re-open afterwards.

That said, my ANY APA is better in the 22 oz bottle than the 12 oz bottle. Just finished one of the former.

My theory -- the yeast is happier when there's more of them.

Wow, I haven't had one of these for a while. The pretty young woman at the store commented on the 'cute, little owl..' and I said yeah, it's great beer too. She asked me where it was from, and I said Japan.....🤨.....she gave me this look like (They don't make beer in Japan....) Eeeesh...😂

Hitachino.jpg

HB Smashed Otter. Testing a few bottles to make sure they’re still suitable to trade. This is holding up well.
View attachment 724140

Agreed! Good to go bro

Post brewing, dinner beer and now movie night coming up. Granddaughter picked the original Willy Wonka. Great choice!! Could be tanked soon...

PXL_20210331_231504874.jpg
PXL_20210331_231517147.MP.jpg

Drinking my Nephew's 2016 Cab from Sable Creek Winery in Plainfield Ill. I gave him my old brew system and he won a metal in his first home brew competition. Now he makes some of the best wine I've ever tasted. If you are in that area check out his winery, you will glad you did. Tell him uncle Butch sent you.
IMG_20210331_184546390.jpg

Post brewing, dinner beer and now movie night coming up. Granddaughter picked the original Willy Wonka. Great choice!! Could be tanked soon...

Watch out!! There is a certified way to be tanked before one even meets Gene Wilder in the movie.....every time you see Charlie with his mouth open, take a drink. Works every time!

Just don't try it with 'some home-made cigarettes'! wooooo!

Drinking my Nephew's 2016 Cab from Sable Creek Winery in Plainfield Ill. I gave him my old brew system and he won a metal in his first home brew competition. Now he makes some of the best wine I've ever tasted. If you are in that area check out his winery, you will glad you did. Tell him uncle Butch sent you.View attachment 724153

Sounds like you need to join the FotHB trade, eh

Savoring the last few ounces of a home brewed funky brett saison. Fifteen minutes ago I actually whimpered when the keg kicked, this beer is just that good. (I know taste is subjective.) This is just one of most interesting beers I make, and I've ben at this a long time. I use both Mike's recipe and his yeast strain , which is now available through Bootleg Biology. Give it a try.

https://www.themadfermentationist.com/2014/07/saison-merican-hoppy-funk.html

ok, that went fairly well...but it's time to buy a 'robot' brewer...ever had that feeling when you might actually make a huge 7gal mess...but then you catch it and stop brewing immediately...stupid induction stove. let's hope for 2021. Cheers everyone...wort is chilling happily.

steady.jpg

Is that a Monchichi?

Si, es un Monchichi para mi esposa. Mi esposa es una Monchichi, ja ja ja!

ok, that went fairly well...but it's time to buy a 'robot' brewer...ever had that feeling when you might actually make a huge 7gal mess...but then you catch it and stop brewing immediately...stupid induction stove. let's hope for 2021. Cheers everyone...wort is chilling happily.

View attachment 724171

There's a handful of us on the cheap robot, and I'd say nearly all of us are happy (Mash-and-Boil).

What is the FotHB?

Mullet beat me to it - go through a few previous rounds and see what's what before signing up ;)

Latest posts

Back