What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting with this heavy hitter, might be an early night....tasty
15978791518975826190023269216379.jpg
15978791772873148229142405444495.jpg

Edit - very crushable

Last edited:
HB amber ale. I don’t particularly care for the way this beer tastes. My sister said it was good. I don’t know if it’s just an ingredient combination I don’t like or it’s just a mediocre recipe.
View attachment 694629

But that glass makes it awesome! 😉

Speaking of, HB Mead, Rouge One, and proper glassware.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200819203713710_COVER.jpg

First test pint of my second helles. Mixed things up from my last recipe by adding some vienna malt. First time reusing yeast and warm pressure fermenting a lager. Definitely notice a difference from the pressure ferment. Brewday was July 27th but already tasting really clean.
AB39D9FF-7E7C-4800-93ED-7ADE5E3B1508.jpeg

3AAFEAD8-0291-4FFF-9AA7-F0E59B888135.jpeg
This while watching Money Heist on Netflix. This will probably be my nightcap first tonight, who knows.
Enjoyed a crowler my neighbor/friend bought to split with me. I shared a can of Other Half FLX HDHC Genny Dream Ale with him then three Miller Lites earlier tonight. Between our two schedules we haven’t hung out to catch up over a few beers in over a month.

I'm not on board with a lot of Belgian stuff. The guy who got me into brewing is a big fan. I've made a session Witbier that my girlfriend and I love, but I think it needs more flavor. Needs to be higher than 3.5% imo...
This is 9% and has a ton of different flavors going on. It’s not terrible, just more complex than I’m used to.

Edit: Here’s the description from Untappd—

Trois Pistoles has a dark brown color topped with a rich foam mousse.
Its slightly sweet taste is enhanced by accents of roasted malt, cocoa, ripe fruit and dark spices with a smooth finish like an old port wine.
Brewed with four selected malts and four exotic spices, Trois Pistoles beckons with a subtle sweetness that makes it surprisingly smooth and satisfying for a beer of such strength and complexity.

This is 9% and has a ton of different flavors going on. It’s not terrible, just more complex than I’m used to.

Edit: Here’s the description from Untappd—

Trois Pistoles has a dark brown color topped with a rich foam mousse.
Its slightly sweet taste is enhanced by accents of roasted malt, cocoa, ripe fruit and dark spices with a smooth finish like an old port wine.
Brewed with four selected malts and four exotic spices, Trois Pistoles beckons with a subtle sweetness that makes it surprisingly smooth and satisfying for a beer of such strength and complexity.
Way too complex for me at the moment! I've been into neipas for about 5 years strong but recently gotten into the lighter stuff. I think my Koslch that you tried is my favorite, but I made a Helles (first lager!) that is fantastic. Super excited about lagers. Brewing a Marzen on Sunday.

Way too complex for me at the moment! I've been into neipas for about 5 years strong but recently gotten into the lighter stuff. I think my Koslch that you tried is my favorite, but I made a Helles (first lager!) that is fantastic. Super excited about lagers. Brewing a Marzen on Sunday.
That Kolsch was very good. I’ve kinda been into the German lagers lately myself. I’ve got 3 different styles kegged/tapped now with a couple more on my wishlist.

View attachment 694665Awesome neipa. This brewery crushes it. One of the best spots in New England 🍻
That is a nice beer. I've had it many times with a grilled chicken Caesar salad at the Pattaconk in Chester, Connecticut. Always enjoyable. That reminds me, I think I decided to start drinking early today.
result_1597949589080.jpg

Latest posts

Back